Terms & Conditions
Effective: August 1, 2009
Table of Contents:
Welcome to the Feminist Press website at www.feministpress.org (site). Owned and operated by the Feminist Press at the City University of New York (FP), the site was created for your personal enjoyment and education. It may include materials owned by third-parties and posted to the site through permissions given in a contract, grant, or other form of agreement between the third-party and FP.
These Terms and Conditions of Use constitute an agreement between you and FP. By accessing or using this site, whether intentionally or not, you agree to be governed and abide by the Terms and Conditions of Use. Please read the Terms and Conditions of Use carefully. If you do not agree with them, you should leave this site immediately.
FP reserves the right to modify or improve the Terms and Conditions of Use without notice at any time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Access and Use
Unless otherwise stated, all materials appearing on this site are the property of FP and are protected by international trademark and copyright laws. These materials (including, without limitation, text, logos, images, audio, and video) are only for your non-commercial, personal use. This means that you may only view or download material from this site for your own use.
The reproduction, duplication, distribution (including by email, facsimile, or other electronic means), or modification of materials available on this website is prohibited unless you have obtained prior written consent from FP or permission has been expressly given by this site. To obtain written consent to reproduce or distribute in any form the materials found on this site, please contact the FP through our online form found on the Contact Us page or by writing to the FP at: The Feminist Press at the City University of New York, Attn: Permissions, 365 Fifth Avenue, Suite 5406, New York, NY 10016.
If you become aware of misuse of this site, please contact FP, either using the Contact Us or by mail, with your concerns.
This site contains links to websites that are operated and maintained by third-parties. Though FP has provided links to other websites, FP is not responsible for the content, services, or practices of third-party websites.
This site also contains links to websites affiliated with or operated by FP. When visiting these other websites, however, you should be aware that they may operate on Terms and Conditions of Use different than stated here. Please refer to that site’s individual Terms and Conditions of Use for details.
FP is not responsible, nor shall it be held liable, for the content, services, or practices of third party websites that may be linked to this site.
FP encourages you to transmit messages (including, but not limited to, participation in online discussions and book reviews) to forms or other public areas on this site. However, FP is not responsible for and does not necessarily endorse material submitted or posted by others to this site or any other site run by FP. Messages posted to this site may not reflect the opinions or policies of FP. FP reserves the right to edit, restrict, or remove messages posted to this site for any reason at any time. FP is not responsible for the conduct of the user submitting the message.
In submitting messages to this site, you agree:
- to limit yourself to discussions about the intended subject matter;
- to permit others to access, view, and use this site;
- that you are the rightful owner of the intellectual property submitted or that you have gained permission from the rightful owner before you submit it to this site;
- to notuse this site for the purpose of spamming;
- to not improperly impersonate any other person by assuming their identity, characteristics, or qualifications;
- that any message submitted by you becomes the royalty-free property of FP and may be used, copied, edited, published, distributed, or deleted as FP sees fit without limitation;
- to release FP from any and all liability and obligations whatsoever connected with or arising from your use of this site.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless FP and its affiliates from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) arising out of your use of this site or your breach of the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
Limitation of Liability and Warranties
While FP does its best to ensure the performance of the site, you agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.
The site, and all materials in this site, is provided “as is,” “as available,” and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, without warranties of any kind either express or implied. This means, without limitation, that FP does not warrant the following:
- that use of the site will meet your requirements;
- that the functions contained in the materials in the site will be uninterrupted or timely;
- that any information obtained by you as a result of your use of the site will be accurate, error free, or reliable;
- that defects will be corrected;
- that the site is free of viruses and other harmful components.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from FP shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms. You acknowledge that FP is not liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages which may be incurred by you however caused and under any theory of liability. You acknowledge that FP and its affiliates are not liable for any delays, inaccuracies, failures, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, viruses, communication line failures, or for the theft, destruction, damage or unauthorized access to your computer system or network.
You acknowledge that FP is not liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct or material found in connection with this site, including such conduct or material transmitted by any means by any person.
You acknowledge that FP is not liable for your failure to keep your password or account details secure and confidential.
The Terms and Conditions of Use operate to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this agreement is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
This agreement is governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York or, if appropriate, the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, located in New York City, New York, for resolution of any dispute, action, or proceeding arising in connection with this agreement or your use, or non-use, of the site, and you further irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any such dispute, action, or proceeding.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide FP with all of the written information specified below. Please be aware that this procedure is exclusively for notifying FP that your copyright material has been infringed.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Claims of copyright infringement should be sent to the following address:
The Feminist Press at CUNY
Attn: Copyright Matter
365 Fifth Avenue, Suite 5406
New York, NY 10016